I left Inanda Seminary with the spirit of conquering in all adversity, teamwork, peer and woman empowerment, and best of all the Sisterhood. Inanda Seminary has continued the legacy of producing strong, God-fearing woman leaders.
I am currently the CEO of Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital.
Prior to leading NMCH, I was the CEO, and co-founder, of Africa HealthCare Group, a private healthcare services company in South Africa that owns and manages private hospitals.
I had a 14-year career in the pharmaceutical industry, leading to my last role as Regional Medical Director for Developing Countries for GlaxoSmithKline with a portfolio of countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia under her leadership.
My work has involved several collaborative partnerships in Canada, US, China, Brazil, Middle East and the UK.
- MBChB (University of Natal, SA)
- Adv Management Programme (Manchester, UK),
- Grad Cert in Pharmaco-Economics (Monash, Australia),
- MSc Med Bioethics and Health Law (Wits, SA)
- Tutu Fellow - Archbishop Tutu Leadership Programme (African Leadership Institute)
- General Family Practitioner (Soweto/Rosebank, Johannesburg)
- Medical Advisor, Medical Services Manager MSD (Merck, Sharpe and Dohme)
- Country Manager Biopure SA
- Country Medical Director SA GSK (Glaxo SmithKline)
- Regional Medical Director Sub-Saharan Africa and Developing Countries GSK (Glaxo SmithKline)
- CEO Africa HealthCare
- CEO Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital